Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sleep Gene Mutation- That's me!

I really think I have sleeping issues. When we lived in NY I didn't roll into bed until 1-2am. When Hubby was deployed I chalked it up to not being able to sleep because he was gone. Then he returned. I still didn't sleep. I can go to bed around 2am, wake up and 6am and feel more refreshed then if I went and got 6-8 hours of sleep. See, there is a sleep gene mutation thingy here! I keep saying "I need to get myself on a schedule." Our entire life is very structured, except my sleep pattern. So, tonight is night one that I am going to try a melatonin supplement. Melatonin is naturally secreted by the pineal glad in the brain to stimulate 'darkness' or sleep. The only reason I am trying this is because I want to go to bed at the same time as my husband and not lay there for hours on end.



2 comments:

  1. Whenever I've taken this it gives me crazy dreams

    Here from a blog hop and happy to meet you,
    <3, New Follower

    One comment each day (this week) enters u into a new giveaway EVERY day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm following you from the Fab Friends Thursday blog hop and just wanted to say HI. If you get a chance stop by and say HI at http://www.wedemeyerfamily.blogspot.com/

    Does the melatonin work? Let us know, I've wondered about it for a long time and should just try it!

    ReplyDelete