Monday, August 12, 2013

To Paris, I said!

As you all may know, my mom passed away on my birthday two years ago. It was the hardest day of my life. On the first anniversary of her death I didn't want to talk to anyone, didn't want to get out of bed, wanted everyone to leave me alone. Since my mom would be pissed that i acted that way I made a promise to myself that this year, the second year would be different! So to Paris it is! I got a good friend of mine on board and we took a 4 day girls trip to paris. I thought I would feel guilty for having fun but I didn't. This is what mom would have wanted! The first night we went to moulin rouge. It was tacky lol. And not worth the 100 euro per person. We stayed near the moulin rouge, on the sex strip- it was scary! The next day was my birthday- first stop, the top of the eiffel tower. I thought i was going to cry when i saw it up close. It was stunning. I skyped my sister Min so she could see it, it was 3am her time but that is what she wanted. After seeing the eiffel tower we went and picked up our paris passes and explored the next two days. Birthday dinner was spent at hard rock paris where they sang to me! I was in hard rock heaven!!  We went to the chocolate museum, the wax museum, The louvre, notre dame and lit a candle in moms memory, Napoleon's tomb, the arc de triomphe, a river cruise, ate delicious food, drank starbucks, carried around baguettes, and shopped like crazy women! I could not have asked for a better way to spend my birthday weekend!
































No comments:

Post a Comment